Hello Disco Family,
As our county is gradually lifting restrictions, we plan to start our Monday thru Saturday in person connection opportunities. These opportunities consist of In Person Small Groups, and Sunday Morning Watch Parties. If you missed my announcement this past Sunday regarding our gradual reopen, you can view it below. Here are a few reminders as we move forward as a church community:
- We will not judge or speak out against any other churches or individuals who are moving ahead or behind our timelines. Every pastor, along with their leadership team, must do what they believe is best for their community and what the Lord is leading them into.
- We will do all that we can to comply with local government restrictions and recommendations.
- We will wait to open up our Weekend Worship Experience until we are confident that the experience will be a win for those attending.
- Our speed of reopening will also be influenced by the confidence of our church community to assemble again.
With that said, here are some In Person Connection gatherings that will begin as soon as possible:
- SUNDAY MORNING WATCH PARTIES. Our Sunday Worship Experience will remain online. We plan to re-open Sunday’s gradually to ensure the safety of our Disco family as well as beginning construction in our space. Timing of construction is due to the fact we are just now being able to pick up and pay for our permit due to COVID-19. Construction is an important element as it will allow more spacing for DiscoKids by creating other rooms. During Church at Home, we are looking for people to host Sunday Morning Watch Parties with friends and/or family. If you would like to host a in-person Watch Party, you can sign up below.
- PARK AND PRAY WEDNESDAY. Starting this Wednesday from 6pm to 7:00pm, Discovery’s Lead Team would love to pray with you. We will have designated parking spots for you to park at and our team will pray for you at your car. This Wednesday, we’ll also have some ice cream for everyone as well. Please register for a time slot HERE.
- SMALL GROUPS TO GATHER IN PERSON. We are encouraging those currently hosting Virtual Small Groups to consider moving to an in-person Small Group. The move from digital to in-person is up to the Group Leader and they will be responsible for applying social distancing and sanitation precautions for their meeting place.
I am personally looking forward to all of us worshipping together in the same place, but let’s be patient and embrace this phasing process. We have been in many conversations regarding the pros and cons of starting this process, from the constitutional rights of religious gatherings to the possibilities of our gatherings creating a potential outbreak. If you have strong opinions on either side of the continuum, please be gracious in your communications and make the unity of the Body your highest priority. Over the past 10 weeks, our Church family has been strengthened in the faith, excelled in generosity, and reached more people. So, I am confident that the Lord will lead us in the coming days as we seek to be as effective as possible in reaching people and giving Jesus all the glory!
Running This Race Together,
Pastors John & Vanessa and Lead Team